Social Justice Leadership Institute
Focused on identity development, expanded political analysis, personal leadership skills and network transformation tools, the Social Justice Leadership Institute (SJLI) supports high school students to acquire a deeper understanding of how systems of race, class, gender and sexuality impact our lives and the lives of our peers.
This interactive weekend retreat joins student leaders from top New England independent schools to learn, connect and take action with the support of our experienced multiracial staff team. The most powerful outcome of SJLI is the justice work that students bring back to their schools.
Register your school today for our Winter 2020 Advanced SJLI hosted by Concord Academy!
What will students gain?
- An expanded understanding of how systems of race, class, gender and sexuality impact you and your peers
- A set of tools to address microaggressions and other interpersonal forms of oppression
- Skills to take increased leadership roles within your school institution
- Access to a larger network of social justice leaders within AISNE schools
What are people saying?
- “This is SO good. I mean, it’s hard. But it’s really good!”
- “Thank you for allowing me to touch upon my heart and not just my head!”
- “I liked that we got up to get to know each other in a context greater than the facts of our identities.”
Becoming an SJLI host
We depend on the generosity of our partner schools to host this program. We typically host two Institutes per year in the winter/spring and fall. Past hosts have included Phillips Academy Andover, Concord Academy, Northfield Mount Hermon School and St. Paul’s School. Please reach out if you are interested in becoming a host school for a future SJLI!
Contact us at email@example.com.