TeensVote! Summer Program Coordinator
Boston Mobilization is hiring a Summer Program Coordinator to support our TeensVote! program. Boston Mobilization is an innovative organization focused on youth social justice leadership education and community organizing. We work with hundreds of teens each year, support teen-led social justice work and are known for our commitment to building youth power.
The TeensVote! program is focused on expanding the number of 16 and 17 year olds in Massachusetts who are pre-registered to vote through peer-education. TeensVote! focuses on reaching teens in communities that historically have low voter-turnout and on turning them out in significant numbers over the next 2 election cycles. We are looking for a motivated individual with a passion for young people, capable of innovation and who works well independently and as part of a team.
Position Specifics Include:
- recruit Youth Leaders
- deliver training to Youth Leaders
- provide ongoing 1:1 support and small-group facilitation support to teen facilitators
- develop short and long-term GOTV efforts
- produce digital media as needed
- work with other program staff to implement effective evaluation measures
- data entry as needed
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- 2+ years of curriculum development and delivering successful curriculum
- 3+ years of experience working with teens from diverse race and class backgrounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinker and ability to problem solve
- Ability to follow-through on tasks, work independently and to set and meet deadlines and benchmarks without external prompting
- Strong project management skills
- Commitment to social justice work and teen leadership development as a strategy for systems transformation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people of all ages and backgrounds including teens, school administrators and organizational partners.
- Experience building relationships with diverse organizations – faith-based, service providers, governmental agencies, etc.
- Familiarity (or willingness and adeptness to become familiar) with social media, technology and databases (including word processing, internet, Google Drive/Documents, Salesforce, WordPress, Adobe, Facebook, Twitter)
Some weekends and weeknights required. Drivers license preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Boston Mobilization is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity to qualified persons without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, military, veteran status or any other protected status or classification under federal, state or local law.
How to Apply:
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a thoughtful cover letter and résumé (in one pdf document if possible, though not required).